As the technological world evolves to new previously unforeseen heights, so must your business. In the logistics game, having a productive fleet can make or break your profit margins. So what are the considerations for running a corporate fleet management system?
As any fleet manager would know, there’s lots to consider. Of utmost consideration are important tasks such as tracking fuel efficiency, maintaining proper licensing, work safety, work order fulfillment – and many others, too.
So one of the first considerations for running a Corporate Fleet Management System would be to find a streamlined solution. Teletrac Navman’s DIRECTOR was designed to be just that. It’s the central hub for the systems that a fleet manager requires. Here’s an outline of some of its most practical features:
- The GPS tracking feature gives you the ability to navigate the most efficient routes to job sites, saving you fuel and getting the job done quicker, potentially saving hours and happier Customers.
- You can keep track of your fleet as you’ll have a real-time understanding of where they are and their times from job to job. The easy-to-use platform makes it possible to build a stronger fleet by assessing patterns and showing your business how you can save time and money with invaluable information.
- It has a calendaring tool which will allow you to set maintenance schedules based on engine hours or odometer readings
- It can program services such as: brake inspections, oil changes, tyre rotation, realignments and fluid checks
- Its hardware can connect directly to the JBUS or OBD-II port to obtain diagnostic information and the appropriate fault codes straight from the engine. You can identify the problem and get it fixed quickly, getting your vehicles out on the road and back to being an income earning asset.
- It will pick up your fuel usage patterns and display data to assist fleet managers in making required changes, saving your business money on fuel costs
- It can provide real-time automatic updates and alerts on important fleet activities so you can make informed decisions.
In a time sensitive industry, DIRECTOR streamlines the process from start to finish. From customised messages to the detail required for complex jobs to proof of delivery, It’s a corporate fleet management system that’s a cost and time saver. And surely all of these ought to be your main considerations for running a corporate fleet management system.
To find out more about Corporate Fleet Management Systems and how it fits into your business, speak with an ICT consultant here. Or download this free eBook on GPS Tracking for more information.